Monday, September 19, 2011

What Am I?...


I am first and foremost a writer.

Apart from writing for Marketing and Corporate Communication projects, I have also written two children's books - one already published in the US and another due for publication as a series in South Africa this year.

Right now, I am in the middle of writing "The Great Israeli-South African" novel....a fictionalized version of my life as reporter in Apartheid South Africa and subsequent events leading up to the present day in the Middle East (any publishers out there?). Apart from that, just to keep me from getting bored, I am a professional actor and voice-over artist, write and produce documentary movies and will shortly commence presenting a course in Marketing and Corporate Communiction.

As an actor, I have appeared in numerous stage and film productions, my best
known role being that of the American Ambassador in the Israeli satire "Israeli Intelligence - Ha'Mosad Ha'Sagur" which took two prizes at the recent Houston Comedy Film festival. I also have a one-man show based on the works of one of South Africa's greatest writers, Herman Charles Bosman - for which I won Best Actor in the the 2000 English Drama Festival in Tel Aviv.
I emigrated from Durban, South Africa at the end of 1987, with my wife, three children and a dog: my wife and I share our lives in Kfar Saba with four cats...(children have finally moved out and the dog died a long time ago...)


On stage in the role of Schalk Lourens in HC Bosman's "A Bekkersdal Marathon" - a hilarious look at life in the South African "outback"

No comments: